Common Nursing Mistakes and Errors
Welcome to Learning Nurse Nuggets. In this section, we look at some of the common mistakes / errors made by nurses and offer suggestions on how to avoid / prevent them. Each Nursing Nugget program consists of:
- Problem: identification and brief description of the nursing error / mistake
- Consequence: what may happen as a result of this error / mistake
- Solution: suggestions on what to do to prevent this nursing mistake from happening.
Click on the appropriate Link below to access the Learning Nurse Nugget information. (Since e-Learning programs take more time and resources to produce, we are working first on providing the Print versions of these Nuggets.)
Prototype Delivery Approaches
We had fun experimenting with different possible ways to deliver the information about common nursing errors and mistakes. Here are some of the options we tried for the topic of Collecting Sensitive Patient Data.
- e-Learning module – with female and male narrators
- e-Learning module – with a female narrator
- e-Learning module – with a male narrator
- Animated avatar module – male and female characters
- Animated avatar module – female character
For the rest of the Nuggets, we offer only the print pdf versions. Click on the title to view and/or download the Nursing Nugget.
4.8 Using Restraints
4.11 Educating Families
4.12 Understanding Death